Thursday, November 19, 2009

Throwback Thursday


Funny or Fly Followers know I go in every Thursday, and try to put you on my influences in the game. Every week has been special. This week's comedian is someone that is one of my oldest memories. I first saw Robin Harris when I saw House Party for first time. Then of course one of my all-time favorite movies as a child Bebe's Kids where they made an entire cartoon based on his stand up. Later in my life, I experienced watching the classic, Do The Right Thing and of course the comic releif of that film was none other than Sweet Dick Willy played by Robin Harris. I think that if I were to name my son today he might be named Richard William for that reason lol. Tragically he died in 1990. He was also in the classic films Mo Betta Blues (a personal favorite), and Eddie Murphy's Harlem Knights.



I gotta find this Nike shirt!!! DTRT 20th anniversary year 2009 Nike made this shirt for the celebration and they honored what character? Non other than the one played by Robin Harris. "It aint Never Too Hot to Do It" best Just Do It shirt ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment