Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Throwback Thursday about Nothing

Everyone that knows me can tell you that I am a huge fan of Jerry Seinfeld. One of my earliest memories is watching Seinfeld with my mother. I remember when my teacher asked our fourth grade class what happened on the last episode of Seinfeld I was the only person in the class that was able to tell her every event from the water in the ear to the water out of the ear. My softmore year of college the one thing that brought my 6 roommates together was our love for Seinfeld. The thing that I learned the most through Seinfeld is observational humor and how he makes everything out of nothing. That is why the show based on his stand up is often called the show about nothing. Also, Seinfeld co-creator Larry David is responsible for one of my all time favorite shows Curb Your Enthusiasm on which this season they did a full Seinfeld reunion.

I used to love the small bits of standup either before or after each sketch.

The ultimate for a hip hop head and Seinfeld fan like myself is one of my favorite rappers Wale created a Seinfeld themed mixtape. In this tape fellow sneaker head used the iconic pictures of the Seinfeld cast feet as a cover and classic moments from the show to enhance his tape.
>>>Download the mixtape about nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment