Thursday, September 24, 2009

Throwback Thursday

This who I was considering for last week. Probably the my first introduction to what a comedian was, and what they could do was through Bill Cosby. Bill Cosby is a pioneer and comedian from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has been doing stand up since 1962. He broke many barriers in T.V. with I Spy, Fat Albert and the Cosby kids, and The Cosby Show. Some of my first T.V. memories are watching Cosby Show reruns with my grandparents. As I got older I was able to enjoy Cosby's stand up, especially Himself. Himself was funny and probably the best special I have ever seen from a comedian sitting down. Although I don't agree with the recent coments Bill Cosby has been making in the 2000's and I would recommend Michael Eric Dyson's book Is Bill Cosby Right? there is no denying that Bill Cosby is one of best comedians to ever do it..

Here is a clip from Himself.
Bill Cosby Himself - Chocolate Cake


and my favorite Opening of any T.V. show. I generally hate openings but this one was ill. I wish I could start off my day like this. Season 5 Opening

1 comment:

  1. What ! you would rather wake up like Season 5 rather than Season 8 ? lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj08HK6WeYI&feature=channel

    ReplyDelete